Wednesday, July 8, 2009

strap yourself in

This is it, I am the eldest and the last cousin to be without a driver's license. Do I care? No. Most certainly not. What I do care about is the aunts, uncles and grandparents giving a damn and loving to rub it in my face. I don't think they will ever understand my attitude towards this.

I'll just put it this way. #1, they did not have to deal with the death of a grandmother by an automobile accident. #2 they will never live in a bustling city where they won't have to worry about transportation, #3 they still haven't realized that people are not judged at face value by having obtained a driver's license, #4 they cannot look beyond the "importance" of a plastic card to see the bigger things in life, or the better accomplishments one can make.

Ugh, it's so frustrating. They don't notice that I don't give a shit. The only reason why I'd get one would be if I were actually in dire need of driving somewhere or to get them off my backs. My life is perfectly fulfilling without a license, so I don't see the point of rubbing it in my face. You'll have to work a whole lot harder to convince me.